Our High School group had a lovely kick-off to the new program year. Youth gathered to start creating a collaborative work of art on the group’s Chalice for the year, creating a covenant, and making some preliminary plans for the year.
Ideas for activities that the youth came up with:
- Serving dinner at the community kitchen in town
- going to the Painted Plate to paint pottery together
- working on LGBT rights issues
- working on climate change issues
- going on a hike or doing trail work on a trail
- volunteering with Native Plant Salvage or other habitat project
- Laser Tag
- beginning planning and fundraising for a group trip in 2 years
That’s just the start of our plans for the year! Let’s see how it actually takes form, but for sure it’s going to be fun!